We are inspired by the belief that “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”. John 3:16
Theme: If serving is beneath you, Leadership is Beyond You
Love, Share and Serve
- “I am the Good Shepherd”: The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. (John 10:10, 11). In this message, we see clearly what God intended for us to love one another and the sacrifices we must make in terms of our resources, our time and talents or expertise to try and stand in the gap or come to aid of those who need our help or service. If we diligently perform our service to humanity without discrimination and reservations, it will come to pass what is written in Psalm 78:72. “So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them with his skillful hands”
- Go and do likewise," Christ commanded after explaining the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10. So we do as. The Samuel Niiwo Center for Humanity and Sustainable Development (SNC) was established to travel the world looking for victims along the way. We are quick to bandage both spiritual and physical wounds that we see or called upon to service, but like the Samaritan, we don't stop there. In addition to meeting immediate, emergency needs, we help these victims recover and get back on their feet.
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” God demonstrates to us that is number one in rescuing humanity from troubles as “HE IS THE PRESENT HELP” (Psalm 46:1). In execution of his work, God uses you and me to perform that much needed wonder for a hurting person somewhere around the world. It takes obedience and submission to accept to serve and to cheerful give to those in need.
- Christ-Centered, We help the poorest of the poor, the children in greatest need, without ulterior motive because Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lordyour God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Pure and Faultless Religion: The Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 (NIV).